YOU MUST BE LOGGED IN TO ENTER
Highland Titles offers a unique opportunity for you to buy a plot of land on their estate in the Highlands of Scotland. They sell plots ranging in size from 1 square foot to 1000 square foot, and thanks to Scottish Landowner law, ownership of this estate legally allows you, or someone you love, to use the courtesy title of Laird, Lord or Lady. Many of our customers have updated their driving licence, credit cards and such like to reflect their new status.
Your entry will need to be an artistic representation of a great Scotsman or woman.
Please refrain from entering anything rude or offensive. Entries of this kind will be disqualified. Uploads of standard photographs are not permitted.
- No restrictions on country of origin
- The brief is open to artists of all disciplines
- A maximum of one entry is permitted per registered Don’t Panic Online member
- Acceptable file extensions: JPG, PNG and GIF
- Maximum file size: 4 MB
- Artwork dimensions: 420 x 420 mm
- For purposes of voting and pre-viewing in the web gallery - Resolution: 72dpi. Max file size: 1MB. RGB
- For optimal viewing in the gallery, please resize your image to 610 pixels width
- If your entry is chosen as the winner, you will be contacted to send over the hi-res (300 dpi) CMYK version of it. Be prepared to have this quality version ready if you are chosen
- Once submitted, there is no way to modify your entry. Please make sure you upload the correct file!
The top 20 entries by vote will be shortlisted before the winning design is chosen by Highland Titles.
The winner will receive:
1 title of Laird, Lord or Lady, courtesy of Highland Titles
1 framed certificate
1 framed print of their winning entry
An invitation to Highland Titles' Meet the Neighbours event in May
Runners up will receive:
1 title of Laird, Lord, or Lady, courtesy of Highland Titles
1 framed certificate
Who's the greatest Scot?
Sean Connery? Alexander Graham Bell? Merida from Disney and Pixar’s Brave, perhaps?
Enter an original, artistic representation of your favourite Scottish person for the chance to win an iPad 2, receive the official title of Laird, Lord or Lady AND mingle with other landowners at Highland Titles' Meet the Neighbours event in May.
Did you know that you only need to own one square foot of Scottish land to be able to legally use the courtesy title of Laird, Lord or Lady? In addition to the prizes, the competition winner will also receive a framed 1x1 foot copy of their entry so make sure you upload a square image!
Before submitting an entry, please familiarise yourself with the entry guidelines below.